Sunday, February 12, 2012

True Story . . .

J visited Dr. Snippy on Friday. We decided that since we were thrilled with our family as it is, this would be the best solution. Our first post-procedure conversation (held as J lounged in bed with his bag of penis peas) went something like this:

J:     "My boss told me that this is the only time I can expect to get extended sympathy from you. Because of the procedure and all. It can get pretty uncomfortable down there if I don't take it easy for 48 hours."

Me:   Staring with eyebrow raised.

J:     "You know, I have to stay in bed the whole weekend so it doesn't hurt. So he said I can expect extended sympathy."

Me:   Eyebrow still raised, "Extended sympathy. Really? Try three D & Cs after miscarriages, one live birth with no epidural because it pulled out but was kind enough to leave me with a spinal headache, and one c-section. That's where they CUT YOUR ABDOMEN OPEN to remove a 10 pound baby. And you think this procedure - one that didn't even require stitches - gets you extended sympathy?"

J:     "No, no, I don't, my boss just said that."

Me:   "Yeah, well you tell your boss what I said. Extended sympathy. Hmph."

Cold as ice, cause that's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment